3. Information The Company May Collect About You.
Following is a list of items we collect on the Website:
- "Personal Information" is information that is used by the Company to identify you individually, such as your name and address, telephone and email address.
- "Aggregate Information" is information that does not contain Personal Information or from which Personal Information has been removed. An example of Aggregate Information is information about use of the Website, such as pages visited on the Website.
- "Financial Information" this means financial information collected during the online loan application or mortgage process. Actual information we collect from you depends on what is provided on the Website. Following is a more detailed explanation of some of the types of information we collect.
- Email Services. If you provide us with your email address and opt in to any email notification features that the Company may now have or may develop in the future, you may receive email from time to time from the Company. Each email you receive from the Company will contain an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email message which will provide you the opportunity to opt out of receiving future communications from the Company by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link and following the unsubscribe instructions.
- Information Request Forms. The Website contains request forms that allow you to request information, products and services and to submit resumes to the Company. When we collect such information, we may share it with third parties as is necessary to respond to your request.
- Administrative Purposes. We may collect and use information that identifies you personally when you submit comments, questions or suggestions through the Website. We also may collect and use your information to contact you when necessary for other administrative purposes. If you do submit comments, questions or suggestions through the Website, please do not include confidential personal or financial information in such requests. Such e-mail will be maintained in accordance with our corporate e-mail and document retention policies.
- Resumes. If you submit your resume to us or complete a form related to a job opening on the Website, we may use the information to contact you, in our sole discretion, or we may store it in our files in a manner consistent with the way we store other information related to job applications.
4. Disclosure of Your Personal and Aggregate Information.
Personal Information. The Company will not sell or disclose your Personal Information without your consent except as set forth below.
- Consultants. From time to time the Company engages consultants that may need access to the information we collect to perform their services for us, such as administering our mailing lists. We require that our consultants keep Personal Information confidential and use it only in accordance with the service agreement between the Company and such consultant.
- Online Marketing. Company may from time to time provide your email address (either in actual or encrypted format) to resources such as Google and Facebook (“Online Resources”) for marketing purposes. The Online Resources then will use your email address to show you Company advertisements when you are on Facebook, Google platforms or similar access device. Based on your use of an Online Resource, that Online Resource will send Company advertisements to others who use it and who have home shopping characteristics similar to yours. The Online Resources will not divulge or retain your email address or use it for any purpose other than serving our advertisements to you and other potential home buyers online. You may use our unsubscribe function to opt out of the Online Marketing described above, and stop receiving email communication from the Company.
- Transaction Processing. When you complete an information request form or otherwise indicate to us that you want us to provide you with a product or service (such as a request to be included in mailings about our future projects), we share and maintain the data needed for you to receive the products or services you have requested.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is reasonably necessary to: (a) conform with the law, respond to claims or comply with legal process served on the Company or the Website; or (b) protect and defend our rights or property, including the Website, our employees, guests or the public.
- Company Sale. Because information collected through the Website is a trade secret and asset of the Company, we may disclose or sell such information in the event we entertain the sale of the Company or some or all of its assets.
- Employment. If you submit a resume or other information to us in connection with a job opening at the Company, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information and any other information you submit to employees and consultants involved in the recruiting and hiring of job applicants.
Aggregate Information: The Company collects "Aggregate Information" about you and your use of the Website whenever you visit the Company online. For instance, the Company may collect various forms of "click stream" information such as entry and exit points for our Website (i.e., referring URLs or domains), site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, and operating system and browser type. In addition, when users request pages on the Website, the Company's servers automatically log the users IP address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web. The Company may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all Aggregate Information. However, if the Company correlates any Aggregate Information to you, such information will be treated like Personal Information under this Policy.
5. Cookies. The Company may make use of "cookies" on the Website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on a user's computer by a web server based on the permissions set in a user's browser software. A cookie itself is not designed or intended to read any information from a user's computer (other than the contents of the cookie); rather, it is an identifier used by the website that originally placed it on your hard drive. The actual contents of the cookie information can be retrieved by the same server to identify the computer and subsequently to customize, monitor, or regulate the use of a site based on information stored in the cookie and the host server. Therefore, cookies only identify the user's computer to the website that may correlate other information, including personal information, with the cookie. Cookies allow the Company to automate access and data entry functions of the Website such as login information, correlate online ordering information for purchases, tailor the Website to your preferences or interests, or customize promotions or marketing. In addition, cookies allow us to track usage of the Website to determine which areas are useful or popular and which are not, thereby enabling us to improve and update the Website effectively.
6. Security. The Company uses reasonable efforts to store and maintain personal information to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by any unauthorized party. If you are asked to provide financial information in connection with your request for the Company's products or services, such information will be collected through a secure internet connection using reasonable commercial security measures. We store no financial information or social security information on the Website. When we do transmit your data, we use only secure servers using current encryption technology to encode your data safely. We make reasonable efforts to attempt to prevent the unauthorized access of our systems containing personal data.
7. Breach of Security. In the event of a breach of our information system security that may compromise your personal financial information, we will promptly notify you of such breach at the e-mail address that we have on file for you. We reserve the right to reasonably delay such notification as may reasonably be necessary as part of any internal investigation or law enforcement efforts related to such breach.
8. Children. To respect the privacy of children and comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly provide products or services to children under the age of 13. The Website is a general audience site that is not designed nor intended to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, you should not request nor provide any Personal Information to the Website.
9. Outside Links. A link from the Website to such a third party website does not imply endorsement of that site nor any ability to control that site's privacy practices. Be aware that third party websites may collect data and personal information and operate according to their own privacy practices. Therefore, you should carefully review the privacy policies of third party websites before submitting any Personal Information to them.
10. Opting Out, Removal of Personal Information and Contacting Us. At any time you may opt out of receiving further communications from us. To opt out of receiving marketing information or to unsubscribe from any specific email service, email a request to email@example.com. If you have questions or concerns about this Policy, or the accuracy of any Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request removal of your Personal Information from our system(s) by contacting email@example.com. We will comply with your request except to the extent we are required to maintain your information in accordance with our document retention policies or applicable laws or regulations. If at any time you feel that the Company has not adhered to this policy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to respond promptly to your concerns.